Election Planning is used by boards to organise their school's board election campaigns, to ensure the elections are run well, and the most is made of the opportunity to involve your community. To assist with the election planning process we have a number of board resources available.
The timeframe for any election is now 63 days. This includes all by-elections for parent, staff and student representatives. Use the online election planner tool and download the updated Returning Officers’ Handbook.
View the board elections regulations - changes here.
Our election planner provides you with a step by step guide for promoting the elections at your school.
You can download it here.
Election Planner Tool
Please Note: this planning tool has been updated following the recent changes to the Education (School Board Elections) Amendment regulations that are effective from 1 September 2020.
- By entering the Election date below, all other dates will automatically calculate
- To enter the election date, click in the election date box and it will bring up the calendar
- Click in the top right corner to scroll to the correct date
- This will then generate all the dates for your election process
- Student elections must be held on a day in September.
- Mid-term elections must be held 18 months after the month in which voting closed for the board’s triennial election last year.
|Fix Election Date by||Now|
|Select Returning Officer by||Now|
|Close Main Roll|
|Call for Nominations by|
|Close Supplementary Roll|
|Voting Papers Issued by|
|Accept Postal Votes|
|Board Takes Office|