Time to nominate
How to nominate:
- You will have received a nomination form from your school in the post or by email.
- As you fill out the nomination form, think about good reasons why you or the person you’re nominating should be on your school board.
Note: If you’re nominating someone, make sure you and the person you’re nominating sign the form.
If you’re nominating yourself, make sure you sign both sections (candidate and nominee).
- Once complete, send it back to your returning officer by the date specified on your form.
If you haven’t received a nomination form, contact your local school.
If you don’t have children at the school and still wish to step forward for the school, you’ll need someone on the parent electoral roll to nominate you.
How do I fill out a candidate statement?
If you’re the candidate, you can submit an optional statement (up to 400 words) and a photograph. Your candidate statement may include:
- previous involvement with the school(s) or institution(s) administered by the board
- reasons for standing for election
- anything else that can be reasonably linked to the education of children.
You must make sure your signed candidate statement is received by the returning officer by the deadline shown on your form.
If you have any questions, give us a call on 0800 353 284.